Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hearts are often broken by words left unspoken

Last week was a pretty intense week and I haven't been on the internet much. I did however do some art journalling. As my mother was staying with me for the week and she also is learning to art journal, we confiscated the dining room table as a work space. So my house has been rather messy. We had a lot of fun though.


I finally started to alter the book I chose to be my new art journal. First I tore out 2 of every 3 pages, because I didn't want the book to become too thick in the end. I then started to decorate the cover. It isn't finished, but I will do that when I'm done with the book. This way it will be easier to work in and I won't have to be so carefull when working in it.




I tested the technique used beforehand on a piece off scrap paper I didn't like. I used this as a background for a drawing.




I used my new stabilo white and black pencils for this drawing and I really like how it turned out. It just needs a frame and then I can hang it on a wall.

I also started some journalling pages/backgrounds. The title of this post is about one of these. It started out as a really, really pink background. On which I was trying out some new paints, stencils and washi tape. I also stamped with black archival ink and paint.


I collaged some paper I had used for altering some cards and die cuts.


I used the die cuts and cards on another journal page in another journal.


The paper after I was done with the embellishments.


The paper after I added some black soot distress stain.
I tore and cut some strips from the paper as I had seen in one of the altered background classes by Christy Sobolewski. These are really great classes and you can find them on Gufsprite art journal ning page.

I painted a face on it and then just had fun with shading, using acrylic paints and soft pastels, stencilling, stamping, distressing and splattering. I then sealed it and wrote the quote on her hair with a white gel pen. The tag in the little pocket was treated with blue acrylic paint and the same distress stains I used on the page (victorian velvet, faded jeans and walnut stain). I wrote my journaling on the back of the tag, stamped some on it and tucked in the pocket.

  



I really like how this page turned out. I love all the colors, even the yellow and I am so not a fan of yellow, unless, off course, when it is from a flower in the garden.

Thank you for watching and I wish you all a beautiful weekend.

I'm linking this to:

22 comments:

  1. Fun to see all your work in progress photos, you've used so many cool techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and thanks for sharing your process!! I love the texture here... seems a common thread this ppf!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love this journal page and book cover! So many beautiful colours and textures. Thanks for the link to the online classes. I think I will pay them a visit:) HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work. Sounds like you had a fun week. I am looking forward to seeing more of your book as it develops! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and inspiring! Maybe I need to start an art journal! Visiting from AIB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique...your art journal pages are awesome! I also love what you're doing to the cover of your new book you are repurposing into an art journal. Very cool. The art journal pages you did are so pretty. I really love the addition of the yellow. It warms everything up and really is such a nice accent color. When I look at the pages before and after the addition of the yellow, that yellow really seems to bring everything together. I love the pocket and the tags you've added as well. The little blobs of paint make such an amazing difference in the page as well. Isn't is crazy how just the littlest things add so much? Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. I think it's so cool that you were able to spend a week with your mom..."playing"! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right: it really is a beautiful cover! Love seeing the process from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pages and cover look fabulous.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow is much maligned but it add such a nice glow when it's used. Your work is very compelling and gives so much to think about. The cover is great. What a treasure you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Journal page,the face is so beautiful,and all details and texture in it is great, i love your work,the cover is too faboulous.

    hugs jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful page...I love her face with this lushious lips ;) happy SATS ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great journal page, Love the cover too, loads of interesting texture going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your lovely comments =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOw, stunning project! Love the textures on the first piece and the journaling page is wonderful. Gorgeous details and colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super super mooi Monique.
    Leuk dat je samen met je moeder zo hebt zitten knutselen .
    Groetjes Janny

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is a beauty!!!! Her hair is FABULOUS!!!! I love the words here and there! WOW! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful piece of art. Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of beautiful texture and color! Belated HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Monique,

    Very sorry for my tardiness.
    Sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time creating together; from the pictures I see here I think you truly enjoyed your special time.
    I luv the way you did the eyes and lips of your gal , her face and hair, actually all of her...: )
    The colours and textures are just perfect.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Annabelle O,O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous creation. thanks for sharing the process!
    Hugs,
    Juia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your drawing is amazing and this page look gorgeous…i can’t wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...