Saturday, February 22, 2014

Jessica's journal, first spread

As promised, the first of the journal pages in Jessica's Round Robin Journal. The second one is in a seperate post.


This first spread I did in Jessica's wonderful journal somewhere in the beginning of january. I'm not sure if I can remember everything properly but I will give it a go.

First I would love to show you the envelope the journal came in, sent by Gayle from Canada.

It's a happy day when you receive such a cheerful package =)


In it was this wonderful journal, made by Jessica, you can read more about her journal here.


Jessica's journal was inspired by Frida Kahlo and her theme is "Explore the inner and the outer".


I had no clue as to what I would do with this, but just started doing something. I made a chevron fun foam stamp and felt it was appropriate to play with it in her journal. They sort of remind me of tire tracks...so that would be the outer taken care of.


I found some embossed pieces on my desk that reminded me of some sort of door and added them to the pages. Yet more "outer".


I collaged some painted papers to the pages and a piece of booktext with eyes stamped on.


Went with the flow and doodled a face around the eyes.


Painted the face with acrylics.


Building some layers, while thinking about what it was I wanted to say with this.


Trying hard to hear my inner voice and then bumped into this quote:

Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice.
It is within everyone.

Mahatma Gandhi


Which I felt was so fitting, both with the theme and with what I was doing.


So I added it.


And added some extra details in white and black.


Added some extra stamping and called it done.

I'm not completely satisfied with how she turned out, but I forced myself to stop fiddling with it. This is the one thing I find really difficult with this Round Robin thing, the journal has to go on it's way. I can't put it away and come back to it some other time. But, then again, maybe that's a good thing. To let it go and accept it for what it is.

It's a steep learning curve this art journalling and these Circle journals definitely are forcing me to step outside my comfort zones. Which is a good thing! So thank you Tracy, for this opportunity.

Thank you for watching and I wish you all a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...