Monday, March 25, 2013

Art journal page: playing with circles

Last night I finished another journal page. For this page I wanted to play a bit with circles and templates. As I am still trying to get to grips with wotking with templates. I had a sea sponge template that came with a set of glimmer mist sprays and  I had some templates made by die cutting alphabets and gears. I also used an egg cup (if that is what you call it) and a home made stamp with 2 circles.

The quote is from an Arctic Monkeys song (You probably couldn't see for the lights, but you were staring straight at me) and I somehow felt it to be fitting.


I like the right page best. It is somewhat cleaner, due to the fact that the underground page was smoother before I started. Wich is what happens when you plunk all sorts of pages in your art journal. But, it being a journal for experimenting with materials and techniques, I wasn't going to let it bother me. I allso found that the underground of the left page did seep through the paint somewhat, so I need to think about sealing methods, especially when working with lighter paints.

Overall I like how it turned out and how it has got a sort of underwater feeling to it.
Here are some close-ups.







I had fun making it and learned a lot while doing so =)

Thank you for watching and should you have any tips on sealing the underground, so that none of the underlying colours will seep through, I'd be much obliged.
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...