Sunday, September 7, 2014

A new quotes insert template

Recently I updated my Midori TN free inserts page with the link to the location where you can download them. I also added my new logo and the link to my Etsy shop. In case you would like me to make you a Traveler's Notebook or inserts for Traveler's Notebooks.


Among the inserts are some templates with quotes I collected overt the past year and used with my art journals. An insert with random quotes and an insert with Hitchhikers Guide quotes by Douglas Adams, since this is one of my all time favorite books. I've shared these free templates already on my facebook page and in several Facebook groups, but thought I'd share them here as well.

I used the last one as a travel journal while on holiday and realy enjoyed the setup.


In one of the Facebook groups I'm a member of, Midori Traveler's Notebook Forum, a lovely lady, named Cassandra, posts daily quotes, QOTD. I thought it was a shame to see those quotes disappear into the stream of the timeline and asked her if she was alright with me collecting those quotes to gather them into a booklet. Which she was and she graciously allowed me to share the booklet.

Yesterday I printed my new journal booklet with Cassandra's quotes and made some covers to go with it. My daughter accompanied me while making a mess. We had a lot of fun together. She made the middle cover and I think it turned out beautiful.


We used some spray inks with stencils for these covers.


Flipped them over after the first spray to get the reverse effect.


Rubbed some ink into another stencil.


Used stamps. old dictionary paper and washi tape to decorate a little further.


The back cover is folded so we have room to keep some papers, ephemera and stuff in the back of the booklet.


 Added a little flap at the bottom of the back cover inside the flap. and added some decorative papers.


Finaly we folded the printed papers for the insert and assembled the booklets. So here are some pictures of one of the finished inserts.


Inside fron cover.


Each right page has a quote.


The back cover with the flap.


And inserted an envelope and a pcture I wanted to keep.



I'm afraid the lady didn't stamp as well as I wanted, but I still like it. She's one of my newest Stampers Anonymous stamps and I realy love these.


So true....


We had a lot of fun making these and I hope you enjoyed watching. Have fun making your own and I wish you a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...