Wednesday, October 22, 2014

NaNoWriMo prep for 2014

Joining the NaNoWriMo fun again this year and this time I decided to come prepared to the battlefield, so that, by the time november first comes along, I can hit the road running...

Now I'm not sure if I'm going to accomplish that, but I am at least going to give it a shot.


First of all I felt I needed a notebook, since NaNoWriMo is writing, ergo pen and paper...

So I designed an inspirational booklet to accompany me throughout the month, for notes, for inspiration, for wordcounts and journaling about anything NaNo related (or not...). I made the booklet freely available via my dropbox (the link to which you can find here).

I also made a Fieldnotes sized version (also available in my dropbox), but since I'm going to tackle this with my Regular sized Traveler's Notebook, I made the Regular size for me ;-)


Even though I promised myself I would only start decorating in November... I'm afraid I couldn't help myself...just a little bit...

and no, I'm not going to Write About Dragons, though I did get lots of information and inspiration from their YouTube channel.


I used the free logo from the NaNoWriMo website for this years participants to add some color and NaNo personality to the booklet. Actualy I used the NaNoWriMo logo through-out the booklet to keep it on theme.


I designed it, with an overview of the month in the beginning, so you can add your NaNo appointments, your write-ins and such...


Followed by the, oh so, important "Pledge" page, because as they say on the NaNoWriMo website, "Intention is everything". You can add your intentions here and write a little about the book you want to write.


The rest of the booklet consists of two pages a day for the whole NaNo month, with some prompts, a word count box and lots of writing related quotes to keep you inspired.


The last page of the booklet is the summary page, where you can keep track of your progress and, well, the quote that says it all.


So I have begun...now for the rest....

Next step would be to actualy think about what I am going to write... and obviously, since procrastination is my middel name (well it could be)..., I decided I needed something other than word to do my actual novel writing with.


I heard so many good stories about Scrivener so I downloaded it, installed it, imported last year's story into it and started my 30 day trial. After which I will decide if I'm going to continue with it....or fall back to my initial setup....just plain writing in word.

So far so good, I'm ready, let the writing commence.


I wish you all a lovely week.
Want to join NaNoWriMo for november 2014, here's the link to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...