Though I must admit, I might have bitten off more than I can chew. So just in case it gets too much, I have some paintings and drawings from way back when standing by. Luckily that hasn't been necessary yet.
For face #11 I wanted to go bold and big and not sketchy at all.
So I took my paints to the book without making a sketch first.
Using brushes and my fingers to try and get her down on paper.
I think mostly she turned out alright.
And I like the brightness of the colors.
But I did have some trouble getting her into the book, because the spine of the book got in the way. Which in hindsight is rather funny, as you can see below.
I did make a video, but with me getting fairly frustrated with the spine and the distortion it gave me, I started painting standing up to create some distance between me and the book. This, however, caused my head to block quite a bit of the process. I'll see if I can still make it work and add the video to this post at a later time.
Faces #12 and 13 were painted in the same journal, rather smaller and quite different.
With face #12 I wanted to make a ghost image of the face that was already on the page of my altered book art journal. There was some leftover ink from a stencil on her face, making her look interesting. So I definitely wanted to keep her.
I sketched her in pen and then added some acrylic paint.
I wanted to keep things fairly simple and plain.
I kind of like this super imposed impression of her. So I wanted to repeat this style on the other side of the page.
I took another picture of a girl from the book, sketched and painted her the same way.
I do like the effect. They are not perfect, they are just impressions and I feel I should leave them be.
Especialy since I don't have time to keep fiddling with them. I have 2 books to make and I'm still fiddling with my home and work planner timetracking/ planning system.
I have adapted the chronodex/ spiraldex/ pingadex system ( and yes, I've tried them all) to something I feel works best for me and even named it =). I call it "MyDex". It's very simple, highly adaptable and it looks like this.
I made it on a pocket sized filofax template from Philofaxy and made it available for download should you be interested. If this works like I hope it will, I will adapt it to the Midori system as well.
I plan on using the inner ring and outer ring for time tracking and planning. The middle ring is actualy just there so I have room to make outward arrows from the inner ring. The outer ring, obviously doesn't need that. As my day usualy starts after 7, I made a thicker line there, so I know when to switch to the outer ring.
I also made an insert for my weekly to do list and menu and I made these also available for download. I used the same pocket sized filofax template from Philofaxy and it prints a menu list on one side of the paper and a weekly to do on the other side.
The downloads are word files and free for you to download and adapt any which way you like.
So yeah, I've been keeping busy. A bit too much maybe, with also going back to work, but so far so good.
I hope to finish the secret belgian binding book today and make a blogpost about that, so I can start on my next book for a Round Robin.
Thank you for watching and if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
Also linking this to: