Monday, May 4, 2015

A little trip and a travelogue to log it

Last week I went on a little trip to Italy with my family. We had lots of fun and mad loads of pictures. Over the years I noticed somehow those pictures are taken only to be never looked at again, or if you do look at them, you can't remember what was going on, or even where it was.

So the past few years I've taken to making a travelogue from all my trips. Sometimes quite elaborate, but usually just a brief journaling page per day with what we did and a few pics to go with it. Sometimes I draw, sometimes I don't. I just go with the flow.

This year I made a new template for my travelogue and made it available in my Facebook group, Lady Falcon Traveler's Notebooks

It started out looking like this


and ended up looking like this =)


Not as chunky as some I did before, but lovely and messy, just the way I like it.


The first night we were guided to the most adorable and delicious local Trattoria, where everything was home-made!


Reading glasses seem to be a must these days, not only for me =)


From the cottage we walked right into the woods, with the most amazing mushrooms.


We went to see the Tarot Gardens of Niki de Saint Phalle


Il Guardino Dei Tarocchi


Here are some of those amazing mushrooms.


And loads of pictures of the Tarot Garden


With the most amazing colors


The pictures do not do them justice!


Went to see a good friend near Rome


and stopped by Castel Gandolfo, where the new pope doesn't reside anymore....


We then went to the Island Giglio 


Where we stuck our toes into the ocean...which was quite chilly still...


But the sun shone and we had a great time


Found out that these are colonies of tiny creatures that sail the seas, flagella flagella =)


Were given directions to the parking lot by a parking assistant in pure Italian and found out that hands and feet do work in aiding translation...


Had the most beautiful ice-cream from a little shop run by a lovely family in Porto De Giglio


And had our last dinner in Italy, for this trip, in Capalbio, near the cottage.


And had to fly back home again...


Sad and happy at the same time


La Dolce Vita indeed!


The coloring booklet you see, is available in my Facebook group (LadyFalconTN)


And I carried it all around with me in my Large Moleskine Cahier sized Traveler's Notebook.


Keeping some extra bits and pieces in the leather folder I made to go with it =)


The coloring booklet will get a follow up booklet made with original art from members of the Lady Falcon Traveler's Notebooks group. If you like to join this project, or would like to print your own coloring booklet for your Traveler's Notebook, please join us =)

I'll post the progress of the booklet and the drawings we are making here, for now, have a wonderful week.
xx Monique
IG: LadyFalconTN
Flickr: Traveler's Notebooks
Etsy: MorganLeFaesTrinkets

ps: The shop is closed for (most) physical items this week, as I try to catch up with everything and develop new stuff for in the shop, but you can always contact me through Etsy for custom requests. Digital items are available and a few already made items.

6 comments:

  1. I live in Tuscany!
    I hope it was a great trip for you! ^_^
    Have a nice day! (Your works are beautiful!)
    G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it was a fabulous trip. Love the land and love the people =)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous -- what pens / pencils do you use for your lettering and titles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) I used a fountain pen with a medium nib and brown ink for the writing and distress markers for some color here and there =)

      Delete
  3. La dolce vita indeed-what a fab trip!!! And your documentation of it is really super! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...