I finally started to alter the book I chose to be my new art journal. First I tore out 2 of every 3 pages, because I didn't want the book to become too thick in the end. I then started to decorate the cover. It isn't finished, but I will do that when I'm done with the book. This way it will be easier to work in and I won't have to be so carefull when working in it.
I tested the technique used beforehand on a piece off scrap paper I didn't like. I used this as a background for a drawing.
I used my new stabilo white and black pencils for this drawing and I really like how it turned out. It just needs a frame and then I can hang it on a wall.
I also started some journalling pages/backgrounds. The title of this post is about one of these. It started out as a really, really pink background. On which I was trying out some new paints, stencils and washi tape. I also stamped with black archival ink and paint.
I used the die cuts and cards on another journal page in another journal.
The paper after I was done with the embellishments.
The paper after I added some black soot distress stain.
I tore and cut some strips from the paper as I had seen in one of the altered background classes by Christy Sobolewski. These are really great classes and you can find them on Gufsprite art journal ning page.
I painted a face on it and then just had fun with shading, using acrylic paints and soft pastels, stencilling, stamping, distressing and splattering. I then sealed it and wrote the quote on her hair with a white gel pen. The tag in the little pocket was treated with blue acrylic paint and the same distress stains I used on the page (victorian velvet, faded jeans and walnut stain). I wrote my journaling on the back of the tag, stamped some on it and tucked in the pocket.
I really like how this page turned out. I love all the colors, even the yellow and I am so not a fan of yellow, unless, off course, when it is from a flower in the garden.
Thank you for watching and I wish you all a beautiful weekend.
I'm linking this to: