Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I may not have ended up where I intended to go - art journal page proces

I think the quote I used for this page "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be" by Douglas Adams, realy sums it all up for what happened to this page.


I did set out to do a heavy textural page, I don't think this is what I was going for in the beginning. But since this is where It took me, that's where I went.

I did take some pictures while working on the page, so you can see what it is I'm talking about. I do have to warn you, this is an extremely picture heavy post =).

I started out with a collaged background an then added some gesso over it.


I added some color to the background with all sorts of stencils, paints and sprays and some washi tape. Decided I would mute it al down by adding the blue, while keeping some elements of the background.


I did very much want to keep the picture of the little match girl that was on the bookpage (they were all Anderson fairy tales).


I added extra texture with texture paste and some stencils.



Didn't know where to take the page from here, so I added some color.



Then muted it all down again by adding a white wash.



Had no clue by this time what I was doing, so I started to see if I could fit a face in there.


I lined the face out with water color pencil en then added some white acrylic paint to outline it even further. In the layer beneauth the eyes I saw tears, so I left tose untouched.


I also left the little match girl fairly untouched. Added some more color, trying to decide how the face was going to integrate with the background.


And wound up in a completely different place as I set out to go to. Hardly any pastel colors in sight now.








But with all said and done I like what it looks like now. It may need some more finishing touches, but I'm not sure about that. I added some text stamp and wrote my quote all around the circles. I realy like how that looks and it was fun to do.




So now that I have posted this, I can go back to my struggle with the Tim Holtz tags for may, or do something completely different alltogether. Mmmm, I still have that white canvas in the attick, maybe I should  get that down and see if I'm ready to work on a canvas again...What do you think?
It would be nice to work on something without having to work around a fold in the middle...

I hope you enjoyed watching my overload on proces pictures and I wish you all a wonderful wednesday.

Linking this to:

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Moniqce,wonderful colors in this painting, i like it.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique. I loved seeing the journey of this journalling. There are never too many pics lol...I think my fav bit was the splash of colour - everything just popped! And I loved seeing the little match girl at the final stage...gorgeous!
    Thankyou for joining in the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautyful journal page. It's nice to see how it was build up. I found you on creative every day.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for becoming my latest follower, I have reciprocated and signed up to follow your blog and have been looking back at some of your amazing work! I especially love your little books and your lovely art work, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha! I just love that quote! It kinda sums up me :) What a gorgeous page, you are very talented. Thanks so much for your sweet comments at my page BTW, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big fat WOW from me for what you have made out of the page! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Monique, love how these pages have evolved. Great textured background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing to see where your arty journey took you Monique. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing creation! this is just ...WOW! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...