Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WOYWW 206

Just a short post to join in with the "What's on your workdesk wednesday" over on the Stamping ground blog. No 206 this time. I'm afraid I skipped No 205, while my mother was here. Which is a pity, because the exploded dining room table was a real sight for sore eyes =).

This time I managed to clear my table before making a picture.


It's a lovely spot to sit, work, stare out the window and listen to the birds whistle, while the garden comes back to life. From this spot I can overview the entire livingroom and the garden, nicely tucked into my little corner.

And yes, should you wonder, that is a pirates flag there in the border among the plants.

As you can see I did clean up a little. There are two projects on my table. Some tags I wanted to do for the Tim Holtz tags of may challenge and a sneak preview of a new journal page I'm working on. But since these are not ready yet I cannot show them to you in this post... maybe later today.

I did however destroy another background, as I told you I challenged myself to do in my previous post.
I wasn't feeling all too happy when I made this one... so it isn't really a pretty pretty page.


This is the original background, as you can see, I didn't really do a lot to it, but it did make me feel better and  after this I was able to move on to other things.


I am content to leave it as is though, because I do like the writing. The follow your heart writing was done with the refill bottle for the archival pitch black ink pad. I loved doing that! I completely wrecked the plasic tape on the page while trying to dry the ink. I don't mind though, I was in the mood for some wrecking. Blowing the tape to smithereens with my heat gun made me feel a lot better.




The rest of the writing was done with a permanent marker and a white gel pen.

I guess that's it from me, I wish you all a happy WOYWW and after I come back from the dokter's office I will try and stop by your workdesks.

13 comments:

  1. What a great crafting spot, and we LOVE your journal page, the sentiment would suit a lot of our pages.

    Waving hi from the bears @#97 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous view from your window! Your journal page is just beautiful too.
    Paisley and Brown Paper (59)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a fabulous place to craft - lucky you!!

    Happy WOYWW Monique, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real inspiration and delight to look out on the garden.
    Monica 98

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal pages, I love going back to 'dark' journal pages, it makes me appreciate how much lighter some days can be. Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dark side comes out of all of us at times, but it is what makes us US! I think they are great pages! What a wonderful view!
    Krisha #113

    ReplyDelete
  7. The journal pages are great. What a view to craft to...it must inspire you. Happy WOYWW. Pam#14

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely peek at where you work and your wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strange how some things become a block to us getting on with other things! Love your pages and look forward to seeing your finished tag! Thanks for visiting! Chris145

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great pages! Love the view to your garden. What a great place to craft. Jules no 55

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO you've explained that yes, that is a pirates flag in your garden but you haven't explained why!! It looks like you have a lovely view from where you sit.

    Hugs
    Brenda 104

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your lovely comments.
    About the pirates flag, I wish I had a great story to tell you about what it is doing there, but I don't. It's just one of those things you collect during the years when you have kids. My kids are now to big to want a pirates flag, but I guess I'm not, so I can't part with it =).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love your view! Had a giggle over your flag and your post about it. Happy belated WOYWW and thanks for visiting!
    Carol N #119

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...